New forum

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Arty, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Arty

Arty Web Designer AF Administrator

You might have noticed that forum looks differently.

DO NOT PANIC!

You haven't clicked wrong bookmark, you are still on Applique Forum.

This forum migrated to different forum software: XenForo. It has quite a lot of new functions that were not available on old forum and it is easier to navigate. It might take a while to get used to.

New stuff:
    • Automated subscriptions. New subscribers will no longer have to wait for Crissie to activate account. Visit account upgrades page, purchase subscription, it will be immediately activated. Old subscribers will not be affected by this change.
    • Shiny WYSIWYG editor. Try to post new thread, you'll see buttons to format your post above post editor. Use them and you will immediately see changes in layout in editor.
    • New post and private message notifications now include post content.
    • You can add your twitter, facebook and google plus accounts to your profile. You can also set a status message that other users will see.
    • You can leave feedback on other user's profile pages.
    • and much more!
    Work is not complete. There are more changes to come and there have been few issues with conversion:
    • You will have to log in again. Your password from old forum should work.
    • List of topics that you have read has been reset. You can mark topics by ether visiting them or by clicking "mark forums read" link below forum header.
    • Sponsors might notice that their banners are shown only on side bar on forum index. Don't worry, it is temporary. Sponsor ads will be moved around in next few days to figure out best location.
    • Old "thanks for posts" forum addon data was not converted because it is not compatible with new system. You'll have to thank other posters again by clicking "Like" button below post.
    • More layout changes are coming.
    All permissions have been redone. I might have missed something, please check if you have correct permissions to all forums.

Please report any issues that you encounter.
  2. Triton25

Triton25 Golden Stitch Goddess

Yea! So excited to play with the new forum! Exciting!
  3. ilka

ilka Stitches-A-Lot Premium Member

Very nice! I love this box right here for the comments and that I could see all the sponsors right away.
  4. terimayo

terimayo $Tree Diva Premium Member

So exciting! Happy for all the great things going on here at Applique Forum! And I LOVE having the sponsors logos on the sidebar. Makes it easy to see who they are at a glance! I think it would be more appealing to become a sponsor too! : )T
  5. CricketStitches

CricketStitches Master Stitcher Premium Member

First Name:
    Lorelei
    It looks great!! Thank you!
  6. nancy909ser323

nancy909ser323 Runs with Scissors Premium Member

Hi,
    I was trying to download a free design and I can no longer do so. I get a message that I do not have permission. Am I doing something wrong?

Nancy
  7. Arty

You are not in subscribers group.

In order to download attachments you must purchase a subscription. You can do it by visiting account upgrades page.
  8. Floraustin

Floraustin Golden Stitch Goddess

Looks Great!!!
  9. Jadee

Jadee Master Stitcher Premium Member

Any chance of the date of a post being a bit darker? I find them very difficult to read.
  10. breesy23

breesy23 Red Hot Stitching Celebrity

Our profile pics seem blurry :( everything else looks good
  11. Arty

Changed.
    You need to upload it again. Old forum had lower avatar resolution, on new forum you can upload much bigger images (optimal image size is 192 * 192) that will automatically scale down.
  12. breesy23

breesy23 Red Hot Stitching Celebrity

It looks much better now! Thanks :)
  13. gadgetgrltekkie

gadgetgrltekkie Golden Stitch Goddess Premium Member

First Name:
    Tina
    Looking great! Love the new features
  14. LTB

LTB Tangled in Thread

Hi, I lost my password and when I hit reset and it emails me the new passowrd I was able to log in. However, when I go to "passwords" to change the password to something famliar it says my current password is incorrect. :-(
  15. Lilfroggin

Lilfroggin Runs with Scissors Premium Member

Will there be a new mobile version too? I love to check from my phone. :)
  16. Arty

Unfortunately there is no mobile style for this forum yet.

It should be released with version 1.2 that is expected in next few months.
  17. nadines

nadines Tangled in Thread Premium Member

I'm unable to attached a picture from Flickr with BB code, I may have done something wrong!
  18. Arty

Can you paste that bbcode here, so I could take a look?
  19. nancy909ser323

nancy909ser323 Runs with Scissors Premium Member

Amy,
    I paid the initial $5.00 back in December and on January 20 or 21st a payment of $10.00 was made via paypal. Am I missing something? I was under the impression that the $10.00 monthly fee would be deducted every month. Sorry, but i'm new to this.
  20. Arty

I don't have access to payments, so I have forwarded this to Crissie. She'll check payments history and will take care of it.

On old forum payments were handled manually. It is possible that your payment was missed and you weren't added to subscribers user group when you have subscribed to forum. That is one of reasons why forum moved to new software: now payments are automatic and errors like that shouldn't happen.