Applique Conference

Discussion in 'Just Chit Chat!' started by lindsay miller, Mar 30, 2014.

1. lindsay miller

lindsay miller Tangled in Thread Premium Member

Is anyone going to the applique conference in ATL, GA this year? it's June 20-21, I believe.
    Or has anyone ever been to a conference?? What all do we bring, what goes on? Is it worth the $$ spent?

Thanks
    Lindsa
    Brandi Hardman and Terre like this.
  2. Terre

Terre Forum Admin - Members AF Administrator

First Name:
    Terre
    Lindsay, I've never been, but do plan on going this year as it is a little closer for me. I'm just waiting to see how much. My DD is planning to go with me so we can use her hotel points from her hubs... I don't know if you are to bring your machine or what.... It will be interesting, though.
    keebzmac and Brandi Hardman like this.
  3. Brandi Hardman

Brandi Hardman Golden Stitch Goddess Premium Member

I would really like to go as it's in my backyard but I may be unable to because my baby boy is due June 16.
    Terre likes this.
  4. Brandi Hardman

Oh Terre. I sure would like to go just so that I would be able to FINALLY meet you.
  5. TeresaB

TeresaB Tangled in Thread

First Name:
    Teresa
    I am going with my husband and 3 kids. He has already taken the time off work so I sure wish they would post more details or at least open hotel registration. You don't bring your machine, just yourself and a notebook and pens for note taking. I have never been to this either but have read lots of blogs on it. It sounds like it will be fun and a good learning experience whether you are beginner or advanced. I'm excited to meet vendors and suppliers too.
  6. granny_ella

granny_ella Tangled in Thread

I went last year and had a great time! I went with a friend and she wasn't as prompt as me so we missed a few of the classes I had planned on going to but it was GREAT! I had hoped to go again this year but its just not in our budget I'm hoping next year baby girl will be bigger then and it would make a great momma break for me!

No machine necessary. Like Baby Kays said bring something to take notes on. We did go to a couple classes that ended up being more geared toward professional machines but we stayed for what parts applied to our machines and went to other classes. Its at a different facility than last year so this may not apply but if you plan to go to the meet and greet get there early last year it was a little crowded by the time we got there. We met some great people there especially designers and suppliers. Also bring your scissors last time there was a guy there to sharpen them! That along with a fat wallet for supplies you will be all set, but hang onto a little extra cash because the vendors will discount items as the show begins to close.
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  7. keebzmac

keebzmac Golden Stitch Goddess Premium Member

First Name:
    Kathleen
    Hmm...there's a megabus that goes from Jax to Atl...I can't make it to the conference this year though. It would be fun to meet up with you all though!
    Terre likes this.
  8. lindsay miller

Thanks!! I hoping for the Hubby and I to go this year.
    Terre likes this.
  9. TeresaB

TeresaB Tangled in Thread

First Name:
    Teresa
    Terre and lindsay miller like this.
  10. lindsay miller

I hope to not spend tooo much there, I'll have to budget myself. Hopefully a lot of freebies given out. lol
    TeresaB and Terre like this.
  11. Terre

Terre Forum Admin - Members AF Administrator

First Name:
    Terre
    @Brandi Hardman, you're too kind. :) I really want to meet you too. Since this is your first baby maybe he will wait a few days. Hehehe...
    Brandi Hardman likes this.
  12. Brandi Hardman

Or he could just come a little early and I'll be pretty healed. At least enough to walk around all day and spend money. Lol
  13. Miranda Hanna

Miranda Hanna Runs with Scissors

I'll be at the beach, I guess that's a good problem to have :)
  14. cortsthings

cortsthings Stitches-A-Lot Premium Member

I went to both they have had so far since it was where I lived. The first year was not worth the money in my opinion, but I went last year too just to see if it improved. It was so much better and worth the money! I can only imagine they will improve even more this year.
    TeresaB likes this.
  15. feewee03

feewee03 Tangled in Thread

First Name:
    Felicia
    I have been trying decide about going to this. If you are have went is it worth going?